Bird Babes

Monday, April 13, 2015

The Glo Minerals Suede Matte Crayons: Use your product more than one way!



I've found a new use for the Glo Minerals Suede Matte Crayons! I've learned throughout the past few weeks of owning these crayons, that, while I adore the two shades I purchased, I don't love the matte look every single day. Yesterday I found the perfect fix!

I've often told my clients that if they feel a lip color is too bright, or whether they want to tone it down for work or a more light, daytime look, to simply add a coat of lip balm before applying the lip color in an effort to dilute the pigment. I tried this yesterday with the lip crayon in Sorbet, and the combination made a beautiful tinted balm! It had light shine, but staying power, and also felt great on my lips.

Another idea is to add a coat of clear gloss over this crayon for intense shine. Depending on the gloss you use, you don't get as much staying power as using the crayon alone, but it's nice to know you can play with this product to make multiple looks.

One final idea to switch it up? Take a slightly shimmery eye shadow in a pigment that compliments your crayon, and lightly tap it into just the very center of where your lips meet. This will give them dimension, create an ombre look, and also make your lips appear more full! It's a win-win-win!

No comments:

Post a Comment